Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Surprise!!

Well... that menu planning thing I was going through didn't last long. I knew it wouldn't. I still look at the same weekly menu I made ... what... three weeks ago? two weeks ago? and try to figure out what to fix for supper. LOL I didn't think it would last, but I did have good intentions. I may try it again sometime. Didn't Woman's Day or some magazine used to have a monthly menu plan with recipes to go with it? Sometimes I found something I would try, but I didn't use it all that much. Usually the food had things in it nobody in my family liked and I didn't have the stuff in the kitchen. But the option was there and I was glad for that.

I went a day without clean up!! I still cooked, I just didn't do cleanup. Neither did anyone else. So, this morning before I did anything else, cleanup was done. I can see the counters again and the clean dishes put away and the dirty dishes in the dish washer. Had to do it, no more room on the counters! LOL I like a tidy, neat house and things, I just don't always like to DO it.

I fixed supper last night. Denny liked it. He asked, "Did you get it from that book?"
"No, I got it from somewhere else." I didn't tell him I got it from my head. LOL We had Pearled Pasta with Pork and Roasted Veggies.

Pearled Pasta with Pork

2 C chicken or beef broth 1 C uncooked pearled pasta
1 leftover pork country rib Salt, Pepper, Spices if desired

Trim the left over country rib from fat (I hate fat... eeewwww) and cut into tiny pieces. Bring broth to boil, add the 1 C pasta and the cut up meat. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and serve.

Roasted Veggies

1 small zuccini 1 small summer squash
1 med tomato 1/2 C grated Italian cheese
2 Tbs olive oil Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Slice the zuccini, summer squash, and tomato into bite size pieces. Place in 9 inch square baking dish. Add the olive oil, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, stir well covering all the veggies. Bake uncovered in pre-heated 400 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring after 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated Italian cheese and serve.

hmmm... I reckon I could print up these recipes and show them to Denny. ::: giggling :::

No comments:

Post a Comment