Friday, February 19, 2010

Poached Salmon

eeww... that just sounds awful... but it's GOOD! I had never made it before. When I did cook salmon it always turned dry, crunchy... I just didn't cook it right at all. I'm getting a little better at broiling it, though.

I made this for breakfast this morning! I got to thinking it would be something different than cereal, toast, bacon, the usual breakfast fare. (I even like tomatoes for breakfast sometimes!) I didn't want to broil the salmon, for the above reasons, I don't do it well, better, but not well. LOL So I went on the internet and looked for ways to fix salmon and saw poached salmon. I printed up about four different ways. The one I used is below, but I didn't use the 1/2 C wine and 1/2 C water, I used 1 C chicken broth, instead.

Poached Salmon from Simply Recipes dot com

1 to 1 1/2 lb salmon 1/ C dry white wine
1/2 C water Thin slices of yellow onion and shallot
Several sprigs of dill Sprig of fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper

Put wine, water, dill, parsley, and onions in a saute pan, and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Place salmon fillets, skin-side down, on the pan. Cover, cook 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Do not overcook. Serve sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.

Serves 2 - 4.

I didn't have the fresh dill and parsley so I used the dried dill weed and parsley. Mom and I liked it really well. Denny won't be having the salmon again. LOL He just is not a salmon person. ah well.. :) Leaves more for Mom and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment