Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sloppy Joe Under a Bun

This was good. Denny picked it out. I did make some revisions in it... like... I don't have any cans of sloppy joe sauce, I always make my own. I don't have any biscuit mix, either. I was going to make some before I tried this recipe, but alas, I forgot. LOL So I hurriedly found a recipe for biscuits. I make lousy biscuits. LOLOL But this one looked like I could hand it, and they weren't really going to be biscuits, anyway. NOW I'm going to have to try the recipe as biscuits. :)

Sloppy Joe Under a Bun (1st Prize) pg. 189 of Taste of Home Winning Recipes

1 1/2 lb ground beef 1 can (15 1/2 oz) sloppy joe sauce
2 C (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese 2 C biscuit/baking mix
2 eggs, beaten 1 C milk
1 Tbs sesame seeds

In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce; mix well. Transfer to a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.

In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs, and milk just until blended. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 8 servings

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobuggers... I forgot the cheese!!!! aaaahhh, well, it still was good! I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment