Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good ole' Goulash

That's what we had for supper last night. I rummaged around and rummaged around and din't know what to fix for supper. I asked Mom, she didn't know either. Of course, mothers ALWAYS know.. so she suggested goulash. Yeah! That was it, goulash. It turned out different, I liked how it turned out. I never fix it the same way, twice, I just put it together. Last night was no different, I through it together, but I know WHAT I did this time. LOL

Mind you, I don't measure anything. Everything is estimated.

Goulash

1 lb ground beef whole wheat macaroni
1 can tomato sauce 1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried rosemary 1 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste 1 onion chopped into medium pieces
1 packet sweetener or 2 tsp sugar

Cook the macaroni in boiling water until it's soft. While that is cooking, brown the hamburger, rinse with hot water and drain. Add the onions and cook till the onions are semi-soft. Add the rosemary and parsley, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir, let it simmer about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I noticed, last night, when I added the rosemary to the meat and onions, i just smelled so good, and then added the parsley. I hadn't noticed that aroma before when making goulash, so I figure I've never used it in there before. I liked it! I'll be fixing it this way again... no garlic, although I LOVE garlic and usually add it to everything, including goulash. I didn't last night and loved how the goulash turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment