Monday, February 8, 2010

Cajun Pepper Steak

ohh... this one was good. Yes yes yes yes yes. I didn't have a jar of Cajun spice that it called for, so I didn't use any, but I did put SOME spiced in there. LOL Denny just loved this, he talked about it for a couple of days how good it was. Had me send the recipe to my son, who loves to cook. It's to be served over hot rice or noodles, I used the rice.

BTW, it's been snowing outside here during the night and all day today and more is to come tonight. I think the temperature is a little lower than the average 50 degrees this time of year! I was beginning to think we had been transported back to Illinois! LOL

Cajun Pepper Steak pg 167 Taste of Home Winning Recipes

1 1/2 lb boneless beef round steak, cubed 2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 can (14 1/2 oz) beef broth 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 C chopped green pepper 1/2 C chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf 1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning 1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper 2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs cold water Hot cooked rice or noodles

In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until browned; drain. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.

Discard bay leaf. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice or noodles.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings.

I don't know if Seth has tried this yet, or not. I will have to ask him. We all sure liked it! Gonna go check the fire in the wood stove now.. it sure does make a room warm !!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment