Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blue Plate Beef Patties

ohhh... Denny really liked this one. Even with mushrooms in the gravy! I did, too, but then again, I like mushrooms anyway. LOL

We had planned on having SOS for supper, but this morning Denny was browsing through the cookbook and picked this out. I reckon he forgot about the SOS. That's ok, there is dinner tomorrow. :)

We were watching a movie this afternoon after Mom and I had gotten back from picking up her prescription at K-Mart and shopping at Grandma's Collectibles. Partway through the movie Denny suggested maybe having sloppy joes for supper, it might be easier and quicker than the Blue Plate Beef Patties. I guess he was hungry and wanted me to fix supper right them but didn't actually say that. LOL After the movie was over I went into the kitchen to start supper. It was after 6 p.m.! I didn't know it was that late! I fixed the Blue Plate. It wasn't hard at all and I didn't mess it up! YAYAYAAAAYAY

Blue Plate Beef Patties pg. 181 Taste of Home Winning Recipes

1 egg 2 green onions with tops, sliced
1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs 1 Tbs prepared mustard
1 1/2 lb ground beef 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
1/2 C water 2 to 3 Tbs prepared horseradish
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced

In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in the onions, bread crumbs, and mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 1/2 in. thick patties.

In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no long pink; drain.

In a small bowl, combine the gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered for 5 minutes or until mushroms are tender and heated through.
Yield: 4 servings

oh goodness .. Writing this down I do see that I didn't do it quite the way it said in the recipe!! I forgot the horseradish and I didn't cook the meat in the gravy. I actually poured the gravy and mushrooms over the meat at the table. Ok, so next time I will add the horseradish and try cooking the meat covered in the gravy a little before serving. I also made my own gravy, since I didn't have a jar of it in my pantry.

I also think I will spray the bottom of my skillet with some oil first, too; my hamburgers stuck to the bottom of the pan, big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment