Friday, April 9, 2010

Italian Sausage Stew

Found this online when I was looking for something to do with ... Italian Sausage!  Go figure!  LOL  Of course it calls for Bob Evans Italian Sausage.  :)

Italian Sausage Stew by Bob Evans


1 lb Bob Evans Italian Sausage Roll                           2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
2 (14.5 oz) cans beef broth                                       1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (16 oz) package frozen Italian blend vegetables      shredded Parmesan cheese to taste

In a Dutch oven, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until browned; drain. Add tomatoes, beef broth, beans, frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Cook 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.


This turned out good. Hubby even said it was tasty and liked it. As good as it was for supper, like soup or chili, it was better the second day. yuuummmm...

I did modify it, of course. LOL  I didn't crumble the sausage. I missed that part until after I had sliced it and I wasn't going to go crumble all those little pieces and I like my Italian sausage in slices, anyway. Ok... I'm lazy. LOL  I also didn't have any Italian style diced tomatoes so I used my plain Jane ones. Beef broth, I used my own beef broth I keep frozen in the freezer from when I make a roast. aahh.. kidney beans.. I didn't have any of those either, so I used sweet corn. I, also, don't like my stew to be soupy.... like soup, I like the liquid in the stew to be thick, so I thickened it. I thought.. hmmm cream cheese. I added some cream cheese to thicken it, didn't thicken it enough so I added some flour, too.

It still turned out good, even with all the differences from the recipe and what I did to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment