Monday, April 26, 2010

Adobo Pork Chops

ohhh... they are good. Hubby didn't even say "I like my pork chops thin and broiled crispy" this time. They were thick and juicy and good. LOL  I will give the recipe and of course I didn't do it exactly (I do NOT like cilantro) and I didn't really measure, I just guessed.

Adobo Pork Chops Better Homes & Gardens Diabetic Living, 2010, pg. 83

  • 6 boneless pork top loin chops  
  • 2 Tbs packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 Tbs orange juice
  • 2 Tbs snipped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp hot chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a resealable plastic bag and set in shallow dish. For marinade:  combine all other ingredients and mix, pour over pork chops, seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. 

Dran chops, discard marinade. For charcoal grill, place chops on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until chops are done and juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)

I thought about grilling them outside... but... I broiled them in the oven.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment