Monday, March 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

The only ones I've been able to make that taste good!

My mom has Type II Diabetes and LOVES cookies. She will buy these sugar free cookies at the store, but, they still have carbs in them. Not from sugar, but from the flour used in the cookies. When she eats bread the blood sugar jumps right up there.

I stumbled across this recipe for flour free peanut butter cookies and tried it. They are a VERY delicate cookie and will crumble if you look at them funny, but very good. And MOM likes them, which is good cause they are FOR her. LOL The recipe I have calls for a cup of sugar, but I will put the recipe here the way I do it, with Splenda.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 C organic/natural peanut butter (doesn't have sugar added)
1 C Splenda
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix it all up well, drop by teaspoon fulls onto cookie sheet, I greased mine, the recipe didn't call for that, but I always grease them, bake for 10 minutes in 350 degree pre-heated oven. Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before taking them off to avoid crumbling. Makes 2 doz cookies.

DANG! These are so easy to make and they DO taste good, even with just the Splenda to sweeten them.

I also have tried the no-flour oatmeal cookies, but oatmeal... it still makes the blood sugar go up and that's what needs to be avoided. Next time I make the peanut butter cookies I'm going to add some chopped up walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment