Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's for supper???

mmmm... corn meal coated, pan fried catfish, hush puppies, sliced onion, coleslaw, and french fries. mmmmm..

Sounds good, doesn't it?  It WAS!!  We went out to eat. LOL  Which, of course, makes it all taste better. : ) That was last night.

Tonight I fixed sloppy joes and cabbage.

Cabbage
I chopped up the cabbage, apples, green onions, and put them into a skillet with water and cooked it. I added some caraway seed, salt, and a little dab of butter a little later and when it was tender I took it off the heat.

Sloppy Joes
I cooked up a pound of hamburger, added chopped onion and orange pepper, garlic powder, basil, dill weed, cumin, parsley, salt, lemon pepper, thyme, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, packet of stevia, and simmered it for about an hour. Turned out pretty good!

I don't make any of it the same way twice. You'll probably find another recipe in here for Sloppy Joes and it won't be the same as this one. LOL Denny ate it without complaint so it musta been pretty decent. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment