Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blended Flour Yeast Bread

This is it! The bread I am making today and hopefully it turns out. LOLOL  With the White Rice Flour Yeast Bread recipe in my last post, it had us using the mixer, and I did. I didn't have a stand mixer and used my hand held mixer, which probably would have been fine had I added more liquid to the should-be batter, but it was more like bread dough when you use wheat flour. I nearly mixed my fingers in with the dough those beaters jumped around so much.

Today, I didn't use the electric mixer and I could have. Maybe I should have, but I just used my trusty arm and wooden spoon. OH! And the large eggs I used today were a heck of a lot larger than the large eggs I used last time. Not all large eggs are large, I guess. LOL And my batter was actually batter this time.

Here is what I did.

Blended Flour Yeast Bread

3 C Coconut Mama's blended coconut flour
1 1/2 - 2 packets Stevia-in-the-Raw sweetener
1 T yeast
1 1/4 t unrefined sea salt
1 1/2 C warm milk
1/4 C melted butter
3 large eggs

Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until blended well. Add the warm milk and melted butter and mix well. Add one egg at a time and mix well with each egg. Keep mixing for awhile, it should be thick and creamy looking. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let rise for an hour.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold inwards to deflate the batter. Pour into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan, cover with greased wax paper and let rise until batter crowns the rim of the pan, about 20-25 minutes. Could be longer depending on the temperature. Bake until golden brown, about 38-40 minutes.

_______________________________________________________

OK, gotta go check to see if the batter is ready to put into the oven now. I will let you know how it turns out!!  :)
_________________________________________________

Out of the oven and has been cooling for awhile and I just took a slice, buttered it, and oh my goodness... THAT is what it was supposed to be like the first time but I didn't have enough liquid in it and this is very good. I think I'll be making this bread again. Yes, I will.  :)

aaahhh... here is a tip. 1. Store it in plastic bag in the fridge. (no preservatives like store bought bread. 2. You know how home made bread starts drying out, even wheat flour bread, after the first day, no exception here. BUT, stick a slice in the toaster at a light - medium toaster setting. It shouldn't be enough to toast it, but it will warm it up and it will be moister than just being sliced and eaten.











No comments:

Post a Comment