Tuesday, October 22, 2013

White Rice Flour Yeast Bread

Well, ok, yeah, this is the recipe for White Rice Flour Yeast Bread, I just didn't make it quite like this, I substituted. Of course I did!!  Here's the recipe I kinda did and didn't follow.

White Rice Flour Yeast Bread
Adapted from King Arthur Flour by someone other than me

2 C white rice flour
2/3 C potato starch
1/3 C tapioca starch/flour
3 T sugar
2 t instant yeast
1 1/4 t salt
1 1/4 t xanthan gum
1 C warm milk
1/4 C softened unsalted butter
3 large eggs

In a large mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the warm milk while mixing on low with mixer. Add the butter and beat until thoroughly blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape the bottom and sides of bowl. Beat the batter for 2 minutes on high.

Cover bowl and let batter rise for one hour in a warm place.

Scrape down sides of bowl once again to gently deflate the batter. Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan and pour batter into pan. Smooth out the top using a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and let rise in a warm place just until loaf barely crowns above the rim of the pan, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown, about 38 to 40 minutes.
_____________________________________________

That's the way I didn't do it. I had some Coconut Mama's Coconut Blend flour and used 3 cups of that instead of the first three ingredients and didn't change the liquid portions at all. It tasted good, but it was dry dry dry. (coconut flour) I, also, did not use the xanthan gum, since I didn't have any. It may have already been in the flour blend, I'm not sure. It did still taste good.

I will make another post about the bread I am making today, again with the blended flour but a few tweaks. It is rising in the loaf pan now, getting ready to go into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment