Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pan Seared Tuna

oohhh yeah... this was good. Denny took his first bite of the tuna and he said "This turned out good!" in an excited yet soft voice. I think he was surprised. LOL

Pan Seared Tuna Recipe by Odyssey Seafood, Treasures of the Sea package of Tuna Steaks

  • Tuna Steaks
  • 2 Tbs mirin rice wine
  • 1 Tbs squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs soy sauce
  • 1 Tbs minced fresh ginger
  • 3 Tbs minced scallion onion
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat stainless skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes. While the pan is preheating, rub thawed tuna steaks with 1 Tbs of lemon juice then season with salt and pepper. Cook the tuna steaks for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and how rare you want your steak. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Turn the heat down to medium and add the rest of the ingredients in order given. Let them cook for one minute. Pour over the tuna steaks and serve.

And that's exactly how I did it.  OK.. you know me by now. I don't know what mirin rice wine is, I don't have it. BUT... I did happen to have a bottle of some sort of cooking wine that I had yet to open, so I opened it tonight and used that. My fresh squeezed lemon juice came from the bottle sitting in my fridge door and my minced fresh ginger came out of the jar with powdered ginger. I didn't exactly measure everything, I guestimated and poured. aaahhh.. another thing...while my tuna steaks were cooking I put everything in the measuring cup and when it came time to put it into the pan, just poured it in from the cup, including the lemon juice, since I forgot to rub it into the tuna before cooking it. 

Hey, it still turned out good! Even when I did everything wrong and backwards and all.  LOL Hubby said it was good, and he knows!  


No comments:

Post a Comment