Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oatmeal-Date Cookies

mmmm.... fresh baked, warm from the oven cookies. yuuummmmm  What more can ya ask for. ahhh... a cup of tea or coffee or hot chocolate... yeah!  Ok... I have a glass of iced-tea. LOL It's HOT outside!  : )

Oatmeal-Date Cookies Favorite All Time Recipes: Diabetic Desserts, pg.18
  • 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 C margarine, softened
  • 1 egg plus 1 egg white, lightly beaten
  • 1 TBS thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 C uncooked quick oats
  • 1/2 C chopped dates or raisins
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. 
  2. Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl. Add egg, egg white, apple juice concentrate and vanilla; mix well.
  3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and dates. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
  4. Bake  8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. 
I used a bigger than a teaspoon to put the dough onto the cookie pans so it made 2 doz cookies, and some dough left over that I ate. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   mmmmmmmmm good. I couldn't see breaking up a good egg and used two whole eggs. I also used real butter and I didn't have frozen apple juice concentrate so I used 2 TBS regular apple juice. I did use raisins and dried cranberries instead of the dates. Who has dates!?  

I think next time I make these cookies I will add a little more apple juice to make the dough a little moister, the cookies turned out pretty dry. Unless I should add more butter, I never know! LOL Maybe some apple sauce would work! I will not add 2 tsp baking soda next time I make these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment