Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

ohh... this was good. I fixed it today for dinner and we had sandwiches for supper. :) I can't say as I've ever added Worcestershire sauce to a white sauce before, but then again I haven't MADE that MANY white sauces. LOL I didn't use the sherry (or chicken broth). I was going to add the broth but forgot. It still came out tasting good. WHEW!!!

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham from Taste of Home - Cooking for Two, pg. 8, July 20, 2009

2 tsp butter 2 tsp flour
1/8th tsp salt 1/8th tsp pepper
dash Cajun seasoning 1/2 C 2% milk
1 1/2 tsp sherry or chicken broth 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese 1 med. potato, peeled & thinly sliced
1 C cubed, cooked ham 1/4 C thinly sliced onion
  1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning until smooth. Gradually add mil, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 C cheese. Remove from the heat; set aside.
  2. Place half the potato slices in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with ham, onion, and half the white sauce. Repeat layers.
  3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
oh oh... I didn't cover the dish before baking it. Didn't see that part till just now. YIKES It still turned out good. So... I reckon if I can mess up a recipe and it still turn out good, anyone can cook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment