Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maple Toast and Eggs

Mom is doing very well at the Rehab center. They have her using a walker now. She does pretty darn good on it! The house is really quiet since she's been away. Huh? Am I insinuating my mother is loud? ROFLOL no... not at all. It's just different enough with her being gone it is just strange.

Here is a recipe I made for breakfast late January I believe. I did cut down on it. The recipe makes 12 cups and there were three of us. I just didn't think we'd eat all that. And I didn't think it was something you could just keep for left overs. I guess you could, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Maple Toast and Eggs from Taste of Home Winning Recipes cook book, pg. 139

12 bacon strips 1/2 C maple syrup
1/4 C butter 12 slices firm-textured white bread
12 eggs salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.

In a small saucepan, heat syrup and butter until butter is melted; set aside. Trim crust from bread; flatten slices with a rolling pin. Brush one side generously with the syrup mixture; press each slice into an ungreased muffin cup with syrup side down.

Divide bacon among muffin cups. Carefully break one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; Cover with foil. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs reach desired doneness. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 cups

I tried it their way, ungreased. I will grease the muffin pan next time. It is quite good. We all liked it. I just made one for each of us the first time, next time I will make two for each of us! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment