Found this recipe here, at Empowered Sustenance dot com. First time I made them I didn't read the directions quite right, and baked them for 20 minutes. Don't do that! Once I got past the blackened around the edges of the cookies, they tasted good. : )
Grain Free Chewy Ginger Cookies
- 1 Tbs. grassfed gelatin
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, preferably soaked and dehydrated (or .9 oz. by weight nut flour or Sun-Flour)
- 2 Tbs. coconut flour
- Scant 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Mix together the gelatin, coconut oil, applesauce and honey.
- Finely grind the sunflower seeds in a coffee grinder for 10-15 seconds, until you have a find powder. Don't over-grind or you will get sunbutter. Stir the ground sunflower seeds, coconut flour and ginger into the gelatin mixture and let sit for 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Before baking, stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Drop by generous teaspoons onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake until golden, about 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for a full 20 minutes (do not remove cookies from baking sheet until they have set). The cookies will be "gooey-er" while warm and chewier at room temperature. For best texture, enjoy within a few hours of baking.