Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Buckwheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

I found this lovely recipe.... somewhere. I TRIED this lovely recipe and I'm thinking buckwheat is gonna become my friend.  :) I was scared to try it, but I did break down and try buckwheat. It is not pretty, but it is good.

This is called cake, I think it is more like brownies.

Buckwheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.


1 C smooth, natural peanut butter
1 C sugar (I used a stevia/dextrose mixture, no sugar)
1 C apple sauce
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 C cocoa

Mix together the first 5 ingredients with a mixer. Add the remaining ingredients and blend with a spoon, then with mixer on high for about 2 minutes.

Pour into greased 9 x 11 cake pan and bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy a slice or two while curled up and reading a book!  :)

Note to self, and anyone else wanting to know: Store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment