Monday, September 30, 2013

Gluten-Free Grain-Free Hamburger Buns

I just found this recipe the other day and have not tried it yet, but I sure am gonna.

You have noticed that I may not be the most talkative/type-a-tive  person who's blogged around, right? LOL  That's ok. I know when I am looking for recipes or something and I end up at a blog where the recipe lives, I sometimes have to scroll through endless text and photos and text and talk and photos to get to the recipe and it drives me a little nuts. I just want the recipe, please. OK, sometimes a little chat here and there is cool, but let's get to the recipe. And on that note, here's the recipe.  :)

Gluten-Free Grain-Free Hamburger Buns

1/2 C almond flour         1 1/2 C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 C golden flax meal     1 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 C plain whey protein   1 TBS heavy cream
1 tsp baking powder        1 TBS water
3 TBS cream cheese         1 tsp dry yeast
2 large eggs               Poppy or Sesame seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350º.  Soften cream cheese in medium mixing bowl in microwave.  Beat in the eggs, cream, water, vinegar, both cheeses and dissolved yeast (if using).  Measure and add in all the dry ingredients and stir well with a rubber spatula. Grease your metal molds well with oil.  I actually baked my buns in empty 13-oz cans that cooked chicken breast meat comes in.  Those cans are the perfect diameter and I have saved 8 of these over the past year so I would have them for this purpose.  They don’t appear to be lined, so I think it’s OK to bake in them.  Hopefully I can locate a more suitable hamburger bun baking pan or some large round metal cookie molds.  You could also use mini cake or mini pie pans to bake these.  Muffin-top pans would be OK I suppose, but may make smaller buns.  You can even free-hand shape them on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet.  But be warned, they will likely spread out as they cook and you may be unhappy with their final shape.  Using a ½-cup measuring cup, scoop up 1/2 c. batter and fill your mold slots, spreading it evenly with the back of a spoon.  Batter will be about ½” thick in the mold slots and there will be enough batter for 7 buns. Sprinkle on sesame or poppy seeds if using.  Pop buns into a 350º oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until done to the touch in the center and lightly browned around the edges.  Cool a few minutes.  Slide knife around edges of buns to loosen and carefully remove them to a cooling rack or cutting board. When totally cool, slice them laterally and they are ready to use for your grilled burgers or other sandwiches.  Store any leftover in a plastic bag in your refrigerator.

And.... here is the link where I got this recipe from, can hardly wait to try it. Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment