Sunday, September 29, 2013

Coconut-Cinnamon Coffee Cake

This recipe looks good,  except for the coconut. I don't like it. But, maybe since I've been using coconu oil and coconut flour now and can manage those, I might find coconut ok now, too. I always liked coconut when I dug it out of the shell, but flaked coconut no matter how fixed, no.

Coconut-Cinnamon Coffee Cake

1 C plus 2 TBS almond flour
1 TBS tapioca flour
1 TBS potato flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
2 TBS honey
1 tsp vanilla

Topping:
1/2 date sugar
1 1/2 TBS cinnamon
2 TBS coconut oil
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Stir togethr the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Mix at medium speed with mixer until combined. Now mix on high until batter is very smooth, about 2 minutes.

Mix the topping ingredients until it looks like sand.

Pour batter into well-greased 8" x 8" baking dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knive inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.

OK, I'm getting hungry typing this out.

I found this lovely at Jan's Sushi Bar













No comments:

Post a Comment