Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Veggies

Denny doesn't like mixed veggies. There is a little bit of Mr. Monk in him. Do I let that keep me from fixing mixed veggies?  Not a bit. I love them and I figure if he doesn't want them mixed, he can separate them when they get onto his plate. (Am I mean or what?)

Mixed Summer Veggies

  • 2 slices bacon
  • 1 yellow squash
  • 1 small tomato
  • 1/2 onion 
  • 1/2 orange pepper
  • Italian seasoning
  • salt
While frying up the bacon slice the veggies into bite size chunks. When bacon is done, remove from pan. Add veggies to pan in the drippings. Season with Italian seasoning and salt. Break the bacon into bite size pieces and return it to the pan with the veggies, cover and cook at low for about 15 minutes, or until the veggies are done where you like them, crisp or soft. 

I cooked the veggies until they were soft, the way Mom likes them. We both liked them. Denny didn't try them; such a coward. :::: giggling ::::

No comments:

Post a Comment