Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coconut Flour Brownies

I am looking on the web to find where I got this recipe... and so far, it is hiding from me, big time. It's probably hiding in plain sight...

I have tried making a Paleo brownie recipe before, and it had soooooo much chocolate in it. I just could not eat it and I through it out. I love chocolate... but, my goodness.

This recipe, I think, calls for too much chocolate, too, so true to form, I changed it as I went along. I'm glad I did cut the chocolate in half. I also cut the amount of butter in half, too, which, maybe shouldn't have been cut back that much. They taste good, but they are a tad on the dry side. I also put the batter in a 9 x 9 inch pan instead of the 11 x 17 inch pan called for. I do like my brownies a bit thicker than a pancake, which I think they would have been that thick in that size a pan. It calls for a cup of Erythritol and I used a powdered stevia blend, which I had on hand.

Here is the recipe I used, as it was written.

Coconut Flour Brownies

(Ingredients (use organic versions)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 C Erythritol
8 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2/3 C coconut milk
2 oz crushed walnuts
1 1/2 C salted butter
6 large cage-free eggs
1 C coconut flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 11 x 17 inch pan. Melt butter and chocolate in a pan on the stove. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix eggs, Erythritol, milk, & vanilla. Fold flour into egg mixture and stir. Mix in chocolate and stir until smooth. Fold nuts into mixture. Pour into pan and bake 20 - 25 minutes.

I halved the amount of chocolate and butter. I took away too much butter, I think. They do taste good, though. It's more dense cake with a good taste.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment