Friday, December 9, 2016

Chocolate Candy With No Sugar

Wow. Such a great blog poster I am! Nearly a year goes by before a new post. (bad fingers, bad, bad)

What's that? Chocolate candy with no sugar?  bleh!

I got the original recipe from the Splendid Low Carbing site. Love that fantastic site!!!  While you are browsing there, do a search for "Peanut or Almond Butter Chocolate Candy".

And it is a great recipe. I even made it exactly as written the first time. Have I revised it? Of course! Only because I didn't have an ingredient here or there and I didn't want to melt the stuff on the stove. I know, lazy. Here's how I do it, sometimes.

My version:
Chocolate Candy with no Sugar

1/4 C butter (salted or unsalted, it doesn't matter to me, but real butter)
1/4 C coconut oil
1 oz 100% cacao baker's chocolate
Powdered sweetener to equal 1/4 C plus 2 Tbs sugar  (depends on what I have at the time, Zylitol, Stevia blend...) I put it in my Magic Bullet to powder it after measuring it)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C whole powdered milk
1/4 C almond butter (or peanut butter or pecan butter or sugar free - if you can find it - sun butter)
Chopped nuts (optional)
Seasonings all optional and to your taste (instant coffee, cinnamon, cardamom, orange peel powder, nutmeg, coriander, mint)

Blend the sweetener and the powdered milk to be powdered (if it isn't a fine powder to begin with).

Put butter, coconut oil, and chocolate into a glass 2 cup measuring cup. Stick it into the microwave for 30 seconds. Nope, it isn't all melted, but stir it until everything is melted and blended well. After a minute or so if you need to heat it up a little longer, stick it back in for about 10 seconds.

After it's all melted and blended, add the rest of the ingredients and stir until it's all blended well.

Pour it into an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square square glass cake pan and freeze. Once it is frozen solid, cut or break it into pieces and put into a container with a lid and store it in the refrigerator.


You can also use a rectangle cake pan, not the 9x13 inch, tooooooooo big, but a smaller rectangle cake pan if you have one for pieces a little thinner. It can be stored in the freezer if you like, but it is just a bit too hard for me to eat that way, even though it does melt fairly quickly. For me, the fridge works better.

I don't use the whey powder in the original recipe, don't have any. I did the first time because I had it but have run out and have not gotten any more. I know... my bad, but it works without the whey powder and that is fine with me. I also don't add the whipping cream from the original recipe because I usually don't have any on hand, and that is Okay with me, too.

Try it! Play with it! EnJOY eating it!

I don't have the carb count or calorie count, etc. for this, but it is listed for the original recipe on the Splendid Low Carbing site.

Enjoy!! Enjoy!!  ðŸ˜Š





No comments:

Post a Comment